Products & Services
Products and services by T2E3 are designed to support your objectives in plant performance improvement.
T2E3 has developed a range of software products to facilitate the analysis of power plant equipment. Products include:
- Compressor Water Wash Tracking Software – A self-contained software program to track compressor efficiency and analyze trends to recommend the optimum water wash schedule. Recommendations for wash schedule are based on either maximizing the compressor efficiency, or maximizing plant profitability. Inputs to the program can be entered manually, or pulled in from an Excel spreadsheet. Data and results are saved to an open SQL Express database. For additional information contact T2E3.
- Function Add-ins for MS Excel – Streamline your analysis spreadsheets by using the built-in functions from T2E3. Available add-in functions include ASME steam tables, ASHRAE air properties, orifice flow meter calculations and select performance functions (such as compressor efficiency, and evaporative cooler effectiveness). Click here to view the help file, including a function list, for the add-in. For a additional information on the add-in, including the availability of custom functions, contact T2E3.
As an independent consultant, Tina Toburen (owner and principal engineer of T2E3) is able provide a wide range of services, customized to your requirements. Contact T2E3 to talk with Tina about your specific project. Below are some examples of available services:
- Performance Analysis – site data can be collected and analyzed, using spreadsheet analysis tools, along with the addition of T2E3 Excel add-ins (if required). Deliverables for a performance analysis project may include a formal performance report, a spreadsheet analysis file, or both. Equipment analyzed By T2E3 includes all major plant equipment: Gas Turbines, Heat Recovery Steam Generators, Boilers, Steam Turbines, Condensers, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Compressors, Heat Exchanges and more. When the project is complete, the spreadsheet and tools can then be made available to the site for use in an ongoing performance monitoring program, if desired.
- Long Term Economic Analysis – When developing a new power project (or looking to acquire an existing asset), the long-term expected performance of the equipment is an important aspect of the overall project economics. T2E3 can help you understand how capacity and heat rate are impacted as seasons and ambient conditions change. With the addition of forecast fuel and electricity prices, an estimated long range plant dispatch can be built to determine the expected return on your investment.
- Dispatch and Forecast Tools – For existing facilities, operating in today's markets can be complicated. Knowing what your capacity and heat rate will be at tomorrow's operating conditions will allow you to enter the day-ahead market with confidence. Incremental heat rate and augmentation capacity can also play a role, especially if your facility is able to participate in ancillary markets.
- Performance Test Support – Performance testing for power plants is no longer just something done during start-up. More grid operators and dispatch agencies are requiring units to demonstrate their available capacity and heat rates on an annual basis. T2E3 is supportive of the ASME Performance Test Codes, and can help you to understand how to best apply them for your situation, whether you are running a code-level acceptance test, or an annual demonstration which requires all plant instrumentation be used. Test support may include any or all of the following:
- Training – seminars, both public and private, are offered to help attendees understand both expected and corrected performance of gas turbines and other prime movers. Seminars can include a variety of subjects, including performance testing methods (such as ASME PTC level testing); thermodynamic considerations, economic considerations, and long-term performance monitoring programs. T2E3 currently has the following standardized seminar available:
Test Procedures - written based on the applicable ASME Performance Test Codes to your site specific requirements.
Uncertainty Analysis - Following ASME PTC 19.1 and other applicable codes. The uncertainty analysis can point out where additional instrumentation may benefit your test objectives.
Test Director Services - Tina Toburen can be on site before, during and after any test to verify the plant operation conforms to the agreed upon test procedure for the duration of the test. While on site, T2E3 can also perform other test-related services, such as: verifying that data collection methods are sufficient for the test uncertainty expectations; setting up and monitoring any electronic test data collection; participating in pre- and post- test meetings to verify agreement with test procedures by all parties to the test.
Test Analysis and Reporting - including data reduction, confirming compliance with procedure stability requirements, analysis for performance results, and reporting on those results in a manner which conforms to the test procedure requirements.
LM6000 Performance Seminar - A two-day seminar dedicated to the performance of the GE LM6000 gas turbine. Subjects covered include thermodynamics, economics, throttle push corrections, performance testing and performance monitoring. Click here for more information on the next scheduled seminar.